Raw Banana Macadamia Coconut Dream Pie
1 cup macadamia nuts
1.5 cups shredded, dried coconut
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
8 soft medjool dates, pitted and chopped
2 cups sliced bananas
1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked for at least 4 hours in filtered water and drained)
1.5 cups young coconut meat or soaked cashews (drained)
1/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp raw agave nectar or honey
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tsp pure vanilla extract and seeds from half a vanilla bean (other half reserved for topping)
1/3 cup raw coconut oil (warmed to liquid)
2 sliced bananas
3 Tbsp raw cacao powder
3/4 cup raw cashew pieces (preferably soaked overnight)
1/4 cup coconut water
1 cups fresh young coconut meat (or additional soaked cashews if not available)
3 Tbsp raw agave nectar or raw honey
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 teaspoons vanilla and seeds of half a vanilla bean
1/4 cup raw coconut oil (warmed to liquid)
1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts
1/2 cup large flake coconut
large pinch of sea salt
1 Tbsp honey
For the crust:
1) combine the nuts and coconut in a food processor and process until crumbs.
2) Add the sea salt and dates and process until the mixture starts to come together when squeezed.
3) Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 6 inch springform pan, sprayed with non-stick coconut oil spray. Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
For the filling:
1) combine 2 cups bananas, coconut, coconut water, agave, sea salt, and vanilla in a food processor and process until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the coconut oil and process for a minute.
2) Divide the mixture into 2 bowls, then place one back in the food processor and add cacao powder. Process until combined.
3) Pour the chocolate filling mixture over the prepared crust, then top with sliced bananas, then the plain filling, then more bananas. Place in the freezer to set for about an hour.
1) combine the cashews, coconut water, sea salt, honey, and vanilla anc process until smooth. Add the coconut oil slowly with the motor running (If the mixture starts to separate and clump, the filling is too cold to emulsify the oil, so warm some of it and process again).
2) Place the topping in the freezer for about 30-45 minutes until it firms up to frosting consistency. Once frosting consistency, move to the fridge until ready to use.
3) Once the filling has set, spread over the tart.
4) In a food processor, place macadamia nuts, coconut, sea salt, and honey and pulse until chopped. Sprinkle over tart, and serve! Store extra in the fridge.
Macadamia Nut Rocky Road
90gunsalted macadamia whole and halves
1/2 cup glace cherries, chopped
1/4 cup desiccated coconut (optional)
500g good quality chocolate
Toss together the macadamias, marshmallows, cherries and coconut and scatter over the base of a lined lamington tin.
Melt the chocolate in a double saucepan or in a microwave and pour evenly over the top, smoothing the top.
Refrigerate until set, then cut into pieces with a hot sharp knife.
Store in a sealed container in a cool place or the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks…. if it lasts that long
Macadamia & Roast Vegie Dip
60gm raw Macadamia Nuts,
115gm Roasted Pumpkin,
35gm Roast Potato,
35ml Macadamia Nut Oil.
Tomato & Macadamia Pesto
70g sun-dried tomatoes
1 dspn Native Basil
1 dspn Sea Parsley
4 cloves garlic, chopped
70g macadamia nuts
1/2 small red onion, chopped
4 tablespoons bush tomato infused white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon tomato purée
200gm tomato passato
1/2 cup macadamia oil
60g freshly grated Australian parmesan cheese
salt to taste
Blend sun-dried tomatoes, basil, parsley, garlic, nuts and onion and process until well mixed. Add vinegar, tomato purée, and passato, and process until desired consistency is reached. Stir in oil and parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt.
Barramundi fillet encrusted with Macadamia Nuts, Desert Lime, Sea Parsley, Lemon Myrtle and Pepperberry
1/2 loaf vienna bread
5 Desert Limes
1 dpsn each of Sea Parsley, Lemon Myrtleand Pepperberry
1/3 cup of Wild Lime Drink Mix
1/3 cup of melted butter
1 cup of macadamias
2 fillets of Barramundi, sliced in half
Preheat oven to 180°C. Cover a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
In a food processor place the bread and 1 Desert Lime. Pulse until it resembles crumbs.
Add Sea Parsley, Lemon Myrtle, Pepperberry and Macadamias. Pulse to just crush the macadamias.
Pour in the Wild Lime Drink Mix and butter and pulse until just combined.
Press the crumb mixture onto the fish.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Garnish with 2 halved Desert Limes. Serve with a fresh green salad dressed with Bush Tomato Balsamic Dressing.
Macadamia Orange Cake
Ingredients (serves 12)
Melted butter, to grease
215g (1 cup) caster sugar
300g (3 cups) ground macadamia nuts
1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
Preheat oven to 170°C. Lightly grease a round 22cm (base measurement) springform pan with melted butter. Line base with non-stick baking paper.
Place the oranges in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Cook for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 15 minutes (this will reduce the bitterness of the peel). Refresh under cold water. Drain. Coarsely chop oranges. Remove and discard any seeds.
Place the orange in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
Whisk the eggs and sugar in a bowl until thick and pale. Add the orange, ground macadamia nuts and baking powder and gently fold until just combined. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
Meanwhile, to make the orange syrup, use a zester to remove the rind from the orange. (Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to peel the rind from orange. Use a small sharp knife to remove white pith. Cut rind into thin strips.) Juice orange.
Place rind in a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Drain. Return to pan with orange juice and sugar. Place over low heat and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until the sugar dissolves and the syrup thickens.
Turn cake onto a serving plate. Use a skewer to gently prick the top. Spoon over syrup. Cut into wedges to serve.
Macadamia salad dressing
Serve on your favourite salad.
Crush garlic and combine all ingredients in a jar and shake well.
Macadamia Nut Spread
Place 2.5 cups of raw macadamia nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and into a preheated oven (180C) for 20 to 24 minutes until golden (stirring every 8 minutes). Remove from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes. Then process with 2 tbspns sugar and 1/2 tspn salt for 8 to 12 minutes.
Texture will change from mealy to a large ball and then become creamy. If not creamy after about 15 minutes then add half tbspn Natural Macadamia Nut Oil .
Process for 1 to 3 minutes until texture is drippy. Transfer to a jar. Cool for about 30 minutes and then seal. Store in fridge for up to 1 month.
Dry roast 125gm sesame seeds until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
Dry roast 75gm Macadamia Nuts for 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
Dry roast 50gm coriander seeds and 25 gm cumin seeds until dark. Remove from pan.
Grind all dry roasted ingredients to a fine powder and then add 1 teaspoon each of Saltbush, Pepperberry, Native Thyme (or River Mint). Blend well. Keep cool in an airtight jar. (Lasts for 3 months if not eaten before!!) Serve with bread and Macadamia Nut Oil
Wild Pepper Mayonnaise
Blend 2 egg yolks, 1 teaspoon Outback Pride Pepperleaf and Honey Mustard, 1 tablespoon of Lime or Lemon Juice, 185 ml Macadamia Nut Oil, a teaspoon of Mountain Pepper and a teaspoon of honey (to taste).
Lemon Myrtle Dressing (Use on salads, chicken or fish)
|400ml white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons castor sugar
2 teaspoons Ground Lemon Myrtle
1/2 teaspoon Ground Mountain Pepper
- Combine the vinegar, salt and sugar in a pot and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add the lemon myrtle and mountain pepper. The heat will help the release the natural oils in the lemon myrtle and mountain pepper.
- Once the mixture is cool, slowly whisk in the oil.
- Keep refrigerated and remember to shake well before using
Native Pesto (serve with bread sticks or toast or pasta)
|1/2 cup raw unsalted Macadamia nuts or cashews
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
400ml Macadamia Nut Oil
|1 cup fresh chopped basil leaves
1 cup fresh chopped parsley
1 teaspoon Mountain pepper
1 teaspoon Ground Kutjera
- Blend the nuts, parmesan and 50ml of the oil.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend to a chunky paste.
Wattleseed Macadamia Wild Fruit Dairy Free Muffins
Make up OzTukka Wattleseed Macadamia Muffin Mix as per instructions. I used Free Range Eggs and Butter. Half fill muffin pan with mix and place a teaspoon of Outback Pride Australian Wild Fruit (minus the syrup) on top. Bake as per muffin pack instructions.
Lemon Myrtle Cheesecake topped with Quandong Dessert Sauce
Preheat oven to 180C.
In a food processor mix 10gm Ground Wattleseed, 1 cup plain flour, half cup sugar, one cup macadamia nuts, 120ml Macadamia Oil, 2 tablespoons water. Then press into the bottom of a greased baking dish and bake for 15 mins.
Allow to cool.
Blend 10gmGround Lemon Myrtle, 500gm cream cheese, 1 cup sugar until smooth then add 3 large free range eggs. Beat until mixture is fluffy. Pour into cooled crust and then bake for 20 minutes or until set.
Down Under Banana Cake
Blend one and half cups sugar with half cup of Macadamia Nut Oil. Beat in 2 eggs, a cup of mashed banana and a heaped teaspoon of Wattleseed and a heaped teaspoon of Lemon Myrtle. Then add 250gm plain flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder and a half cup of Rice Milk.
Bake for 45 mins at 180C