Peel and cube one mango, add half a cubed capsicum, one cubed red onion – place all in a bowl and then mix 3 tablespoons Macadamia Oil, 2 Tablespoons dried Sea Parsley, 1 teaspoon Swagmans Salt, the flesh of 1 Native Tamarind and add to the salsa ingredients. Cover and stand for at least half an hour to allow ingredients to infuse.
Swagmans Salt Yoghurt Dressing
Mix 1 tablespoon Swagmans Salt with a cup of plain yoghurt . Allow to stand for 30 minutes before serving on potato.
Swagmans Salt Tomato Dip
Heat 1 Tbspn Macadamia Nut Oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 diced onion and cook, stirring, for 3-4 mins. Add 1 Tbspn Swagmans Salt t and 1 diced green capsicum. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in 1 Tbspn tomato paste and 500gm diced tomatoes. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 mins. Remove from heat. Cool completely. Serve with Dukkah Corn & Saltbush Chips
Swagmans Salt & Macadamia Sauce
Saute 2 cloves crushed garlic, 1 tspn fish sauce, 2 finely chopped shallots in 1 Tbspn Macadamia Oil for 3 mins. Add 125ml Coconut Cream & 1 Tbspn Honey. Bring to boil. Simmer 1 min. Remove from heat.
Serve with your fave meat or vegetable skewers.
Swagmans Salt Tomato Sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 400g can tomatoes
- 1 splash extra virgin olive oil or Macadamia Nut Oil
- 1 small chopped onion (brown or red)
- 1 teaspoon minced or crushed garlic
- 1/2 water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Swagmans Salt
- Dry-fry the cumin seeds in a pan until fragrant, approximately 30 seconds. Set aside. Keep a lid handy because they have a tendency to want to escape.
- Splash some oil into the pan and heat. Add the onions and saute until soft.
- Add the onion and cumin to the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Use immediately or refrigerate for later use. Reheats well.
Pepperberry Sea Salt Dip (Guacamole style)
Use with vegetable sticks, bread sticks, turkish bread, corn chips or on nachos or enchiladas!
|2 ripe avocados
1/4 cup natural yoghurt
1/2 teaspoon Pepperberry Sea Salt
|1 clove crushed garlic
1/2 teaspoon Saltbush
Method – Blend all ingredients. Serve!
Swagmans Salt Potatoes
Select 2 or 3 small potatoes per person. Wash and place in a square of aluminim foil, drizzle a small amount of oil or dab a teaspoon of butter and a sprinkle of Swagmans Salt on top. Wrap up the package and place on the BBQ. They should be ready in 20 to 30 minutes, depending on potato size.